You are here
Dear Taylor Tiger Parents,
As we are very quickly approaching the 1st day of school, TOMORROW for 1st through 6th graders, I would like to review some safety tips with drop and pick of students. Safety is my number one concern at our school and if we all work together we can ensure the safety of our students.
Drop off and Pick up: As you pull in the drop off and pick up on 500 west, PLEASE pull up as far as you can. I know everyone would love to stop right at the door so their student can see them, however when this happens we get a big back up on Utah Ave causing danger to our students crossing the street. We will have supervisions there to assist any students that needs to find their parents. If you are in the pull through, PLEASE do NOT get out your car. If you need to exit your car for any reason, PLEASE use one of the designated parking stalls (even if it is "just for a minute"). We ask that you also leave the left hand lane open for parents to be able to pull out.
We ask that you NEVER park behind cars on 100 South. Several times last year teachers had to run out as soon as school was out to go to a meeting and there was someone parked right behind them or students were going in and out of parked cars to find their parent parked in this area. This is a super dangerous area. We also ask that you not park on the corner of 500 W and 100 S. This is painted (Or will be repainted;)) red and is another dangerous area to park due to students crossing and on coming traffic of buses. Bus area is painted green. This is another area that we ask that you not enter. The ONLY exception to that is Preschool Drop Off and Pick Up. See below info on that.
We ask that all walking students or students being dropped off in any area other than the pull through, to please use the crossing guards to safely cross the streets, even if they are crossing 500 West.
You are WELCOME to park in any of the designated spots on 100 South, 500 West or Utah Ave(parallel to the school). If you choose to drop your student off on the opposite side of Utah Ave, please have them walk down to Mr. George on Utah Ave and 500 West to cross the street. The city has so kindly also given us clearance to use their parking lot as an overflow. Once again, I ask that you use the crossing guard at 500 W 100 S to safely cross the road before and after school.
More information on Kindergarten Drop Off and Pick Up later in the week.
Preschool Parent Drop off and Pick up
AM classes- *You may start to drop offyour child at the east side of school pull thru at 8:50 AM (PLEASE not any earlier).*You may pick upyour child at the east pull thru at 11:15 AM. Children will be at the doors starting at 11:25 AM.
PM classes-*You will use the bus pull thru on the south side of school (on 100 South) for both pick up and drop off. This is just for preschool times only-not any other time can you use this area.
Monday Class-*You may start to drop off your child at the east side of school pull thru at 8:50 AM (PLEASE not any earlier).*You may pick upyour child at the east pull thru at 10:15 AM. Children will be at the doors starting at 10:30 AM.
THIS IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE AS WE START SCHOOL AND IF IT DOES NOT WORK.
Thank you so so much for your help in ensuring our students are safe. Anyone that would like to volunteer to assist us the first week of school in educating parents on where they can and can not park before and after school, we would love your assistance.
We are going to ask that ALL student enter the front doors tomorrow. You are welcome to drop off students starting at 8:30. The first bell will ring at 8:55 and the tardy bell/school will start at 9:00.
We look forward to seeing your students as they get their "Red Carpet" Welcome tomorrow! Don't forget EVERY MONDAY, including TOMORROW, is early out at 2:30 pm so teachers can use the extra time to collaborate. Buses will run on regular Monday Early Out Schedule. Please visit the Nebo website for information about the buses. https://www.infofinderi.com/ifi/?cid=NSD4K2L8WGYX&cid=NSD4K2L8WGYX This is located on the Nebo Website Parent Home Page.
Please send me an email or give me a call if you have any questions or concerns.
Notice to All Parents:
Would you like to serve on Taylor Elementary 2019-2020
School Community Council?
Taylor Elementary School Community Council (SCC) serves as an advisory council to the school administration. State law establishes the following guidelines:
- The SCC will consist of parents, employees and the principal.
- The SCC will be elected by vote. Parents will elect parents and staff members will elect staff members.
- The SCC will meet monthly. The council meets for one hour each month, usually before school.
- The SCC will address many issues that may include, but are not limited to, Trust Lands Planning, School Improvement Plans, School Access Route, etc.
- The SCC will compile an annual performance report of the school to be sent to the Nebo School Board.
If you are interested in running in the election for School Community Council, please fill out the form at the main office and turn in by August 30, 2019. A ballot will be sent home for you to cast your vote. The election will run September 1-13.
Online Registration starts TOMORROW, July 25th!
Visit school website for more information
ONLINE REGISTRATION will begin on July 25, 2019! I hope you find this process simple, convenient and accessible.
If you are a Returning Student to Taylor Elementary:
- Go to taylor.nebo.edu and click on the Registration Tab located at the left-hand side of our school web page. Then it will walk you through step by step beginning with Step 1, going into Aspire SIS and updating all your information there and electronically signing off on some documents. We will only be using information found on Aspire SIS to contact families and emergency contacts so we appreciate your help in keeping that information current throughout the school year.
- Step 2 off the Registration process is the Fees and Donation step. (You will have to set up an account your first time visiting this site.) We are asking for a $25 per student donation although any amount is greatly appreciated. This donation can be paid by credit card or using Echecks. We use these funds to purchase books, field trips, assemblies, special grade level events, and extra classroom supplies.
- Other things you can pay online during this time is Yearbooks, Orchestra fee and instrument rentals (6th grade only) and 4th – 6th Grade Choir fee (includes a t-shirt).
- If you choose not to pay online, you can pay for these items on Registration Day on July 29th.
- Step 3 is checking to see if you qualify for Free and Reduced Lunch and filling out the application online if you do. http://www.nebo.edu/child-nutrition#reduced This helps with our Title I status and will allow us to receive Federal funding that greatly benefits the students. Even if you have completed this form in the past, IT MUST BE DONE EACH YEAR TO QUALIFY. You can also click into PayPams if you would like to pay for school lunches online. This is a very convenient way to pay for lunch!
- Step 4 is providing different documentation if it applies to you and bringing in any updated documents to the office on July 29th.
- Once you have registered your student(s) they will then be enrolled into a class. You will be able to get onto Aspire SIS and see your child’s teacher on August 1st if the registration process is complete.
If you are a NEW student or Kindergartner to Taylor Elementary: (If you have neighbors who are new to our school please pass this along to them!)
- Registration at the school is on July 29th from 8:00 to 4:00 PM.
- Please bring with you: Birth Certificate, 2 proofs of Residency, and Immunization Records
If you need to update or check immunizations or get birth certificates, you can go to the Utah County Health Department’s new location in Payson at 285 N 1250 E, 3rd Floor. Hours are 8 – 11:30, 1 – 4:30, Monday – Friday. 801-851-7351.
Walk-in Registration will be held July 29th from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm.
This registration is only for those who:
- ALL KINDERGARTNERS!
- Did not complete the online registration and need to use a school computer.
- Are first time Taylor students who are required to bring documentation to the school.
- Are returning students with changes to custody, medical or residency status. (Please bring documentation.)
- Need to bring in money for Donations or Fees
- Anyone that comes in on July 29th or after will need to wait 72 hours before receiving Teacher assignment.
I ask that every student (1st grade through 6th grade) and at least one parent/guardian plan to attend our MEET THE TEACHER that will be held on August 16th from 2:00 to 4:00. At that time you will be able to:
- Receive individual classroom information
- Buy T-shirts or if we don’t have your size, order T-shirts
- Sign up for School Community Council
- Signup for Volunteer
- Turn in any documentation needed
- Pay any fees
School begins on Monday, August 19 for 1st through 6th graders. Kindergartners will start on Monday, August 26th.
ALL Kindergarten students need to register online and bring in the needed documentation.
. · Kindergarten students need to bring a birth certificate, 2 proofs of residency showing you are in Taylor boundaries, a driver’s license, and an updated copy of your immunization record.
- Kindergarten will be involved in testing the first week of school (Aug. 19-23). Kindergarten teachers will be contacting you to schedule assessment times for your child. At the end of that week, kindergarten teachers and myself will analyze the data from this assessment to determine who qualifies for OEK (Optional Extended Kindergarten (ALL DAY)). Once we have determined who qualifies, we will contact parents to see if they are interested in their student attending this program. This program is by invite ONLY! On the day you come in and register your kindergartner, you will have the opportunity to request AM or PM. I will do my very best to honor that request however I have to balance the classes and also work with the bus garage to ensure we have transportation for all sessions. So please be patient with me as we make kindergarten class assignments. By Friday, Aug. 23 you will be able to log into ASPIRE and see the teacher and which session your student will be in for kindergarten. If you receive Mindy Sumens, as the teacher, and if it says Session 1 that will let you know you have A.M. kindergarten. If it says Session 2, that will let you know you have P.M. If your teacher assigned is Marianne Lowe, you will know that your student is in All Day Kindergarten.
Kindergarten MEET THE TEACHERS will be Friday, August 23, 2:00 to 3:45.
I hope the steps to online registration are easy to understand and making the registration process more convenient for you! I know it was nice to sit at home and register my own kids. If you have any questions, please call the office Monday – Thursday between 8 and 1 PM. I look forward to seeing all of the returning students and parents as well as meet the new students that will be joining us this year. I love being part of the Taylor Elementary Community. Thank you for all you do for your students!
Taylor Elementary Principal
Come visit the library at Taylor each Wednesday 9-11 am! Stay caught up on that summer reading by checking out some of our books from our huge selection!
Also, don’t forget to keep track on your summer reading BINGO boards for awesome reading prizes this fall! #beenheresince1866 #manytigersoneroar #taylortraditions #taylormeansfamily #summerreading
Registration for the 2019-2020 school year in Nebo School District will take place in late July for all returning students. Online registration begins on July 25th for K-12 schools districtwide. In-person registration for elementary schools for the Payson/Santaquin/Goshen area will be held on Monday, July 29th at each elementary school.
If you have a child entering Kindergarten or a new student to our district, please bring a birth certificate, immunization record and proof of residency to the school your child will attend. Bringing in these documents early will speed the registration process for you in July, so don't delay! Interactive boundary maps are available at www.nebo.edu under the "Schools" tab.
If you are new to Nebo and your child will be attending our district for the first time, please call or visit your designated school to get started with the registration process. Please share this information with your friends and neighbors.