Hello Taylor Parents,
Oh how I love this time of year in the elementary school. I love the excitement in the eyes of the children each and every day. I love hearing the laughter, the singing and the wonderful stories. It truly is the most wonderful time of year. However with this wonderful time of year comes the c-c-c-cold outside. I have lived in Utah for 16 years and I STILL am not use to this weather! Thank you for remembering to send your students with coats, gloves, hats, snow boots, etc. ; whatever it takes to keep them warm each day as we go outside. We will be outside most days.
With the winter months and more severe weather conditions of winter I wanted to review our inclement weather to both reassure and help parents and patrons prepare and plan.
• We recommend that students arrive at school no earlier than 8:30 for supervision purposes. If arriving earlier, the building will be open for students to wait in the front foyer area until the 8:30 bell.
• Children should arrive at school dressed for the weather of the day so they can safely and comfortably enjoy recesses. In winter months, children should remember to bring shoes to change into from their snow boots. All healthy children will be expected to go out for recess except in extreme weather conditions (wind chill, rain, snow, etc.).
• If your child cannot participate in recess for health reasons, please send a note to this effect. If it is to be a prolonged indoor stay (longer than 3 days) please send a note from the doctor.
• Students will remain inside in extreme weather conditions such as: very cold temperatures (below 20 degrees) and wind chill, heavy rain and snowfall, unhealthy air/inversions (we check air quality daily).
• Please be considerate and safety conscious as you drop off and pick up students at school. The winter months see an increase in the number of cars. Remember to: not block the flow of traffic, not block cross walk area, use parking stalls not pull through lanes if you need to enter the building.
• In the event of a major weather event (severe storm, power outage...) The District’s ParentLink system will be used to notify parents. This can be in the form of an automated phone call, text, or email. For this information to reach you, it is important that you keep your contact information current within the online SIS system. Information will also be posted and updated on the district web page www.nebo.edu. If we need to evacuate the school, we would go to the Payson City Office Building (on 439 W. Utah Ave). Unless otherwise notified, we would release students only to responsible adults or family members.
On December 7th, our 3rd through 6th graders have the opportunity to go to BYU to see the BYU girls basketball team play Weber State. The buses will leave at 9:30 SHARP. Please makes sure your student has turned in his or her permission slip. If a permission slip has not been signed, the student will not be able to go. Also we would encourage students to wear a white shirt. Each kid will bring a bag lunch from home or a bag lunch from school. The school lunch should have already been ordered. If your child did not order a school lunch, he or she will need to bring one from home. Students are expected to return back to school around 2:00.
On this day, 1st and 2nd graders will also be receiving a Sack Lunches from the lunch room. This is different from the lunch menu of Chicken Alfredo and Chicken Bites. The ONLY option will be the Deli Sandwich.
We are continuing to look for Substitute teachers. If you are interested in Substitute Teaching, please contact Kelly Educational Staffing Services: (801) 373-1616 or online at http://www.kesutah.appone.com/
We love having our own parents substitute in our school!
Dec. 6 PTA Meeting 1:30 in Teacher Faculty Room All are invited!
Dec 7 3rd - 6th to BYU Women's Basketball Game
Dec. 14 6th Grade Christmas Orchestra Concert 6:00
Dec. 20 5th Grade History Fair
Dec. 21 3rd Grade Program 2:00
Dec. 22 Sing around Christmas Tree 9:30
Dec. 23 -Jan. 2 Christmas Break
Jan. 3 School Starts Back
May you have a wonderful holiday season!