Hello Tigers! I am ecstatic to join this wonderful school and community. My original stomping grounds are Kaysville, Utah, but after going to Brigham Young University and becoming acquainted with the Nebo District I fell in love with the area, the wonderful people and decided to stick around. This past April I graduated from BYU in Elementary Education. My last semester was spent on a study abroad in Jerusalem. Back when I was in the second grade I wrote on an "All About Me" sheet that I wanted to be a teacher - now I am fulfilling that dream by teaching in the second grade! Some of my passions include reading, singing, traveling, exploring nature, laughing, and eating lots and lots of ice cream. I love teaching, but the best part is working with the inspiring, creative little people who fill the classroom.
My name is Rob Daggett. I'm looking forward to teaching 6th grade at Taylor Elementary this year. I have been teaching for 10 years. However, I have never taught sixth grade. All of my experience is with junior high and high school. So this will be a new and exciting experience for me. My family and I have just moved to Utah from blazing hot Phoenix, Arizona. Just can't get enough of the beautiful weather up here in Utah. I'm the proud parent of three pretty cool kids, 2 girls (Jalynn 19, Katelyn 10) and a boy (Beau 16). I have a beautiful wife. Her name is Jennifer. I love all types of sports. My favorite is basketball. Just can't get enough of it. I can't wait for the school year to get started and enjoy teaching and learning together!
My wife, Michelle, and I have six children and one grandchild. We are moving here from Texas to be closer to extended family. I was a former Air Force officer. I have been a public school teacher for 10 years. I taught a combined Kindergarten and first grade class for seven years. I taught fifth grade math for three years. I'm looking forward to teaching fifth grade again! I have a master's degree in education from the University of Texas. I do a lot of outdoor activities with my children, so I really love the mountains and the amount of public land in Utah. I dearly miss Texas, but I'm excited for new opportunities and new friends here. Let's have a fun and challenging year at Taylor Elementary! Todd Hepworth
Walk in registration is TOMORROW, August 1st from 8:00am-4:00pm.
- If you are returning students to Taylor and have completed all your online registration (you should have received an email letting you know you successfully registered) you do NOT need to come in to register your students Tomorrow. We have all the information we need from you to place your students in a class.
- If you are returning students to Taylor and have NOT completed your online registration before TOMORROW, we need you to come in and register your student. We will have you go into the computer lab and employees will be there to help you with the online registration piece.
- If you are new students to Taylor and have come in to the school to provide proof of residency, birth certificates, and immunizations, received your student ID# (which you need to register as an existing student) AND have completed the new student online registration you do NOT need to come in Tomorrow.
- If you are new students to Taylor and have NOT come in to the school to provide proof of residency, birth certificates, immunizations, received your student ID# and/or have NOT completed the new student online registration you DO need to come to registration TOMORROW.
If you are coming tomorrow to registration, we ask you to enter the building through the east doors by the student drop off area. This will allow you easier access to the computer lab. We will be having you exit the building by the front office.
If your student is registered before TOMORROW you will be able to access their class placement through SIS. As a reminder, this is the Student Information System we use to look up any contact information. I strongly encourage you to visit this site regularly to make sure all information is correct (Phone numbers, Contacts, Addresses, etc.)
Our PTO will have some sign up forms available tomorrow at walk in registration but will also be to our OPEN HOUSE on August 21st for you to pay PTA dues, order t-shirts, and sign up to volunteer in classrooms and at school events.
Our Back to School Open House will be on August 21st from 2:00-4:00. I encourage all students and at least one parent from each family to come on this day. There will be LOTS of information given out on that day. We hope to see you all soon!
As always, if you have questions, need your student ID#'s or you need help completing your online registration please feel free to call the school (801) 465-6050. We will do the best we can to answer your questions and help you get registered.
Hello Taylor Families!
Thank you with your patience as we work through this new process of online registration.
After you click to the Aspire Student Information System, it asks you to choose either new student registration or current student registration. If your student has attended Taylor Elementary in the past, or is currently attending, choose CURRENT Student Registration even if you haven't set up an Aspire account (kindergarten students that registered in the Spring, are also considered current students and need to complete this online registration process as well).
At this point if you need to set up an Aspire account choose, "Request a Username." It will then ask for Student ID # (your students know this number as their lunch number). Enter the student ID # and birth date and complete the process.
If your student is a current student at Taylor and you already registered them under New Student Registration, I will need you to please go in and complete the registration process as a current student. I am sorry for this inconvenience; this is a state run program and they are working to make it more clear and hope to have it fixed by early next week.
If you don't know your Student ID #'s, please fill free to call the school or email Gloria at firstname.lastname@example.org. She will be glad to give them to you as quickly as possible.
Be sure to return to the main page and complete all the required steps in registration. Also, please consider making your donations as well. That money is used for activities and field trips for your students that otherwise will not be possible.
Again we are thankful for your patience as we work through the process of our new online registration program.
We hope you have a wonderful Summer Break!
My name is Sarah Anderson, I am so excited to teach at Taylor this year. I am married and my husband and I are celebrating 2 years with a trip this summer. We are excited to go and hike and be outdoors. Last year I taught second grade in Provo, but have always wanted to teach Kindergarten. I will be working half day at Taylor (afternoon) and half day (morning) at Barnett Elementary. I love camping, hiking, scrap-booking, playing music and being around my family. I cannot wait to have a great school year with all of you!!
Hello Tigers! My name is Mrs. Black and this is my first year teaching at Taylor Elementary. I have previously taught 3 years and am very excited to be joining the 6th grade team. I grew up in Phoenix, AZ and now live in Salem with my husband. I absolutely love the nature that Utah has to offer. I am also a big movie buff. You can never go wrong with a big tub of popcorn! More than anything, I love to TEACH!
Attention ALL Parents!
Would you like to serve on Taylor Elementary 2017-2018 School Community Council?
Taylor Elementary School Community Counicl (SCC) serves as an advisory council to the school administration.
State law establishes the following guidelines:
- The SCC will consist of parents, employees and the principal.
- The SCC will be elected by vote. Parens will elect parents and staff members will elect staff members.
The SCC will meet for one hour monthly. The day and time will depend on the elect parents' schedule. We will set that our first meeting in September.
- The SCC will address many issues that may include, but not limited to, Trust Lands Planning, Building Needs Assessments, School Improvement Plans, etc.
- The SCC will compile an annual performance report of the school to be sent to the Nebo School Board.
If you are interested in running in the election for School Community Council, please email the information at the bottome of this sheet to the principal (email@example.com) by August 25, 2017.
The election will run August 28 - Sept. 8.
Name of child(ren) attending Taylor ________________________________________
We have a Registration page link on our main school web page to the left to guide you through all the steps that need to be completed:
- Verifying & inputting information into Aspire
- Paying fees or making donations as applicable (This will be available on FRIDAY, JULY 7, 2017. If you register before then, please come back and visit this link on Friday!)
- Applying for Free/Reduced Lunch
This link will be live from now until July 31st. If you complete all the steps on the online registration you will not need to come in to the school on August 1 for our Walk-In Registration. Teacher assignments will be made available to you on August 1st through SIS only. http://www.nebo.edu/parents/sis
Walk-in Registration will be held August 1st from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm.
This registration is only for those who:
- Did not complete the online registration and need to use a school computer.
- Are first time Taylor students who are required to bring documentation to the school.
- Are returning students with changes to custody, medical or residency status. (Please bring documentation.)
“Open House” will be held on August 21st from 1:45 - 3:45 for all parents and their students. We request that every student and at least one parent/guardian plan to attend that day.
At that time you will find the following:
- Individual classroom information
- PTA signups
- T-shirt orders
- School Community Council Elections
- Volunteer signups