"Zach Greenhow, in Mrs. Sumens class, took second place in the preschool/kindergarten category in the American Printing House InSights Art Competition for the Blind and Visually Impaired (APH). Zach was invited to Louisville Kentucky to accept his second place award at the annual APH awards ceremony. His art was featured in an exhibit with other winners and he was able to take part in a Meet the Artist event where he got to talk about his artwork with the public and other winners. At the awards banquet he got to stand on stage before hundreds of people to accept his award from the president of APH."
You are here
Dear Taylor Parents,
This past week I had the opportunity to meet with two of our grade levels. We celebrated student success and were able to talk about individual students and best practices. This is something I will have a chance to do all throughout the month of November with each grade level. Through Utah Land Trust Funding, we are able to pay for subs to cover classes while we collaborate. I love working with the teachers and students. They are the best.
Veteran’s Day: On Friday we met together at the end of the day to talk about our US Veterans. I am so impressed with the knowledge and respect our students have about our veterans. We watched a clip of Utah's Honor Flight. We will have the opportunity to send letters on the next flight. If you would like to join us and send a letter/card you are welcome to bring them by the office before Christmas Break.
Lost and Found: Our Lost and Found is piling HIGH! Please take some time before the Holiday Break to come and look through this pile if your son or daughter is missing a coat, sweatshirt, shirt, etc. We want these items to get back to the right owners. During the Holidays, we will be bagging up the unclaimed items and giving them to charity. PLEASE take the time to find your stuff!
Update Aspire: Please make sure your phone number, email and address is up to date on Aspire. We use this to share information but most important we use it in case of an emergency. To do this, you will need to go to www.nebo.edu . From there you will click on the Parent button on the top of the page. You will then go to the Aspire SIS (Student Information System). On this page it will have directions on how to update your information. You will need to log into Aspire. You should have already created an account the beginning of the school year.
Cold and Inclement Weather Procedure: As winter is approaching I wanted to review our procedures to both reassure and help parents and patrons prepare and plan.
• We recommend that students arrive at school no earlier than 8:30 for supervision purposes. If a student arrives earlier than this they will have to wait in the hall by the office.
• Children should arrive at school dressed for the weather of the day so they can safely and comfortably enjoy recesses. In winter months, children should remember to bring shoes to change into from their snow boots. All healthy children will be expected to go out for recess except in extreme weather conditions (wind chill, rain, snow, etc.).
• If your child cannot participate in recess for health reasons, please send a note to this effect.
• Students will remain inside in extreme weather conditions such as: very cold temperatures (below 20 degrees) and wind chill, heavy rain and snowfall, unhealthy air/inversions (we check air quality daily).
• Please be considerate and safety conscious as you drop off and pick up students at school. The winter months see an increase in the number of cars. Remember to: not block the flow of traffic (inside lanes are for waiting/sitting; outside lanes for quick stops and pull through), not block cross walk area, use parking stalls not pull through lanes if you need to enter the building.
• In the event of a major weather event (severe storm, power outage…) The District’s ParentLink system will be used to notify parents this can be in the form of an automated phone call, text, or email. For this information to reach you it is important that you keep your contact information current within the online SIS system. Information will also be posted and updated on the district web page www.nebo.edu.
Thank you so much for your time and support!
Up Coming Events:
11/13 Read with Heroes 2:00
11/17 Picture Retake This will take place on the stage for any preschooler that will be coming to take pictures on that day.
11/17 5th Grade History Fair
11/21 Kindergarten Thanksgiving Feast
11/21 PTA Thanksgiving Lunch for Staff
11/22 – 11/24 No School ~ Happy Thanksgiving!
12/1 Tiger Pride/Reflection Assembly
12/5 SCC 12:30 PTA 1:30
Top Tigers: Lettie Kelson, Taylee Toomaltai, Olivia Stringham, Launa Lyman, Eliza Hazlett, Jakelle Evans, Kylee Todd, Sawyer Simons, Chevy Roseman, Veronica Brown, Autumn Farr, Miah Martin, Koen Lloyd, Olivia Liddle, Isaiah Hernandez, Aubree Nordell, Tanner Grant, Jesse Ramirez, Lanna Beckstrom, Ellie Poulson, Daphne Bryan.
Leaders of the Pack: Ms. Varney, Mrs. Kershaw, Mrs. Scott, Mrs. Koyle, Ms. Whicker, Mrs. Tanner, Mrs. Steele, Mrs. Procelle, Mrs. Ellsworth, Mrs. Wride, Ms. Jensen.
Pack of the Month:
Mrs. Leavitt: Art Behavior
Mr. Daggett: Lunchroom Behavior
Mrs. Grill: Reach for Your Potential
Monday is "Read with a Hero" day at Taylor! Students are welcome to invite their "hero" (parent, grandparent, older sibling, aunt, uncle, neighbor, etc) to come read for the last half an hour of the day! Donuts will be served in the gym in celebration of our everyday heroes! Please bring your favorite books from home and join us at the school from 2:00-2:30! Make sure to sign in at the office!
If your student is unable to bring someone to read with, there will be plenty of heroes for them to buddy up with! We're excited to welcome you to our school and spend time together reading!
Taylor's sixth-grade student council attended a leadership conference at BYU where they were able to hearfrom amazing speakers like John Bytheway! The student council learned the importance of leadership, teamwork, and courage to help make our schools the best they can be! Student council members: Carter Christensen Daphne Bryan Miguel Briceno Samantha Moore Allie Hansen Kathryn McNaughtan Advisor: Ms. Whicker and Mrs. Koyle